.

2.3.11

Exactly One Year Ago

 

Contractions. 
(HARD contractions.)


At this moment, exactly a year ago, as I breathed through another crazy contraction,
I thought I had some idea of how my life would change in the next 24 hours, and then over the next year.

To Lus:
I THOUGHT our love would be gradual, I THOUGHT you'd be just a baby,
I THOUGHT this would be hard, I THOUGHT I couldn't do this, (even secretly thought I would hate it.) 
I THOUGHT you'd show up, we'd go home and I'd carry on searching for who I am and what I'm supposed to be. 
.........
Thank you for showing up and proving every single thought I had horribly HORRIBLY wrong. 

(best birthday post EVER to come tomorrow.)

6 comments:

  1. this looks more like sleeping than thinking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not thinking. Breathing through a contraction. I did Hypno birthing and yes, I looked like I was asleep most of my labor. I tell you I wasn't sleeping! : ) and it was the hardest thing I have EVER done.. EVER.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for Hypnobabies! Go Sharon.
    BTW, this post made me cry. So true. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh just a beautiful post. I'm feeling very sentimental right now due to my upcoming baby's 2nd birthday and being pregnant with his baby brother.

    The image stops you in your tracks, because as a mother, I can just feel the moment.

    Your words though. Your words go straight to the heart. Happy early birthday to your sweet girl.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you everyone! She had a wonderful birthday, yesterday was pretty darn close to perfection.

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts? Questions? Comments?