.

23.3.11

I had to explain to them what Film is


YW's activity.
4 girls and 2 few leaders.
15 mins explaining composition + 5 mins explaining how film works
(because they have NO concept of it and asked)
= 20 mins of "lessons".
A church sunday school room.
2 lamps from walmart and daylight balanced lights.
BW400cn film+35mm.
and
A bunch of white sheets of paper taped on the wall.
I threw the camera at them and said "ready go!"

This is what they came up with...










To clarify, this is them taking these shots, not me....
and I'm beyond impressed.
(you can tell they are SUPER thrilled to be the models :) )

3 comments:

  1. These are awesome!

    And seriously? They didn't know what film is? I'm sooo old. I got my first film camera for my 8th birthday and didn't even know what digital was until I was 23.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I am very impressed. Talented girls. Doesn't help that it was a talented teacher teaching them.

    It's so crazy that I am old enough now that there are kids that don't know what simple things such a film is. I pulled out an old cassette tape one day and my cousins kids were like "What is that?" So crazy.

    I didn't get my first digital camera until I was 23 or 24 I think. Just a little point and shoot. I was still using my 35mm Pentax SLR up until then.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This post reminded me of the time I had to explain records and cassette tapes to my dance students. Yikes! Kids these days, great images though.

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts? Questions? Comments?